Hydrofarm Jump Start T5 Grow Light System
I’ve been using grow lights on my hydroponic vegetables for many years with a great deal of success. When I decided to expand a new area of my basement to grow some basil I had to get an extra set of grow lights!
I needed something light, easy to use, adjustable and as low cost as possible so I looked around at a few different manufacturers and merchants both online and out in the real world.
Here is my review of the T5 Grow Lights.
What Is The Hydrofarm Jump Start T5 Grow Light System And How Does It Work?
Once seeds have grown into seedlings and started sprouting, they require light and lots of it. Unfortunately when it’s off season, the outside just doesn’t supply enough light, or warmth for young plants to thrive. If like me, you grow your own fruit and veg all year round either in greenhouses, basements or garages then you’ll require a little helping hand over and above nature.
This is where grow lights or more specifically the Hydrofarm Jump Start T5 Grow Lights come in! By placing your seedlings directly underneath your T5 Grow Lights, you are in effect manipulating the plants optimal growing conditions on a constant basis, helping it to grow faster than you thought possible.
What Others Are Saying About The Hydrofarm T5 Grow Light System?
The Hydrofarm T5 has recieved an average review of 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon! Here are some of the comments to date:
– I was able to start 72 potted tomato seedlings under one Jump start light. They grew quickly, I had to raise the light at least 1″ every day.
– I have had this light set-up for a few years now, and still love it.
– I am very satisfied with the construction and sturdiness. This product is exactly what I expected for the price, product description, and pictures.
– It works, It’s just as advertised, I got great service and I’m going to buy from them again.
– Love it. It has helped keep some of our plants alive during the winter and start growing others.
– This is amazing. Easy setup. Adjustable and priced right. Plants really seem to like it and so do I.
A few reviewers have mentioned that it’s a little on the flimsy side. Yes you will have to be careful with it, don’t set it up near children or animals. On the other hand, the fact that it’s light is good if you need to move it around.
A few people had theirs arrive with smashed bulbs. In response, Hydrofarm now ship with some foam around the bulb. You’ll need to use scissors to remove this before you can use your light. If you’re still a little concerned then you should request extra padding for the shipment.